The mission of the Idaho Trucking Association (ITA) is the advancement of the interests of transporters of property and passengers by motor carriers, and to promote and preserve the inherent advantages of highway transportation. Some of the ITA's goals are economic activity and growth within the industry by guarding against unreasonable legislation and regulations; achieving maximum safety and courtesy in highway transportation and earn the confidence and goodwill of the public.
The Idaho Trucking Association (ITA), located in Boise, Idaho, has been serving Idaho trucking interests since 1934. The ITA advocates for Idaho's motor carrier industry on many levels. The Idaho Trucking Association works cooperatively with state and federal regulatory and legislative agencies both to promote uniform regulations and to guard against unreasonable legislation. In this way, the ITA fosters economic growth within the Idaho trucking community. The Idaho Trucking Association serves as a strong voice for its members on matters concerning Idaho highway transportation. The ITA is strongly committed to safety and courtesy on the road, and strives to foster the public's goodwill and confidence.
In its commitment to safety, the Idaho Trucking Association offers advice on how to deal with uninsured motorists and what to do after an accident. The ITA serves as a liaison for information on programs such as the Unified Carrier Registration Act (UCRA) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). In addition, the Idaho Trucking Association participates in the annual Rocky Mountain Regional Safety Rendezvous.
Publications and events
2009-2010 Officers and Directors
• Chairman of the Board: Bill Moad; Simplot Transportation
• First Vice-Chairman /ATA Vice-Chairman: Jason Andrus; Doug Andrus Distributing
• Second Vice-Chairman: Clay Handy; Handy Truck Line
• Secretary/Treasurer: Don Stillwaugh; Air Van
• Immediate Past Chairman: Jim Noud; R & L Carriers
• Past Chairman: Sharon Gould; Max R. Gould & Son Trucking
• Region I: Bill Rodgers; Bill Rodgers Lowbed Service
• Region II: Linda Fouret; T. R. Compton/Fouret Brothers
• Region III: Bonnie Schlegel; Cargo Express
• Region IV: Vacant
• [note: no listing for Region V]
• Region VI: Alan Ginkel; Western Transport
• SMC Chairman: Julie Armes; Premier Insurance
• Calvin Fillmore; Diamond Line Delivery Systems
• Robert Brice; Idaho Milk Transport
• Norm Long; Litehouse, Inc.
• Dan Bernert; BCT, Inc.
Specialized Transport Services
• Gary Amoth; Amoth Trucking
• Kevin Skow; Great West Casualty
• Jorgan Peterson; Lake City Trucks
• Mike Musgrave; Western Idaho Trucks
• Dan Taylor; Western Trailers
• Kathleen Fowers, President/CEO
• Rhonda Bahr, Secretary
To become a member of the Idaho Trucking Association, please call or email the ITA. Click here for contact information.