TRAA, founded in 1979 in Kansas City, Missouri and headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, is the umbrella trade group and national voice of the towing and recovery industry, which is estimated to include more than 35,000 towing businesses in the United States. TRAA's membership includes professionals from the United States, Canada, England, Australia, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, and Japan. TRAA's member companies comprise the industry's leaders and the major suppliers to the towing and recovery industry.
The Towing & Recovery Association of America was founded in 1979 in Kansas City, Missouri, and has grown to represent more than 35,000 towing businesses in the United States. TRAA sponsors an annual leadership conference held during March in Washington, D.C.
• To foster and promote the interest and welfare of all towing and recovery operators in North America and to towing professionalism and quality customer service throughout the world
• To foster and encourage fair competition in all business dealings and to promote and encourage good fellowship among members To promote and encourage the enactment of wise and uniform legislation that fosters professionalism, quality service, healthy competition, and fair compensation
• To support the grassroots legislative process and be ready to provide hands-on advice and expertise when called upon to serve the legitimate interests of the towing and recovery industry; and to oppose unwise state and local legislation deemed to have potential negative impact on the towing and recovery industry as a whole
• To seek to eliminate unfair and destructive industry practices
• To foster cooperation and unity among associations in our industry so that we may have a representative body that speaks with a single voice and wields the collective power of the group to protect and serve the interests of the towing and recovery industry and to promote fair dealings and quality customer service
To join the TRAA, please visit the membership page.
Contact the Towing and Recovery Association of America:
Email: [email protected]
Towing and Recovery Association of America
2121 Eisenhower Avenue, Ste. 200
President: Alan Gregg
1st Vice President: Joe Pedigo
2nd Vice President: Jeff Roskopf
3rd Vice President: Jeanette Rash
4th Vice President: Joanne Blyton
Treasurer: Mike Holland
Presidential Appointees: Mike Scott, Glenn Landau
Past President: Sam Brewer
WTRAA Representative: Mary Weber