The association originally incorporated with the name Nebraska Motor Carriers Association (NMCA) in 1936. We have been active in the business since 1940 when NMCA and another small truck association merged. In 1971, the association created Truck Services to help trucking companies with registration, licensing, authority, fuel tax reports and trip permits. The name changed to the Nebraska Trucking Association in 1999. The association delivers the essential knowledge, contacts, services, political representation and partnerships that helps its members continue to deliver the goods to Nebraska communities and throughout North America. There are over 800 member trucking companies and affiliated businesses; 75 percent of trucking company members have fewer than 25 trucks.
Headquartered in Lincoln, NE, the Nebraska Trucking Association is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing information, services, and advocacy to the Nebraska trucking community. The Nebraska Trucking Association, founded in 1936, promotes the interests of commercial truck and bus operators, and their affiliated businesses, throughout Nebraska.
In order to meet the specialized needs of the Nebraska trucking community, the Nebraska Trucking Association offers the following councils and divisions:
• Safety Management Council
• Maintenance Council
• Nebraska Logistics Council
• Movers and Warehouse Division
• Tank Carriers Division
Click here for detailed information.
Since 1971, the Nebraska Trucking Association Truck Services has been a valuable resource dedicated to providing Nebraska truckers with a variety of legal and regulatory assistance. Click here to view the extensive menu of services offered by the Nebraska Trucking Association Truck Services.
The Nebraska Trucking Association features two publications for the Nebraska trucking community: the monthly Nebraska Trucker magazine, and the green sheet, a weekly news bulletin. Visit the Nebraska Trucking Association advertising page for information on these publications.
2009-2010 Nebraska Trucking Executive Committee
• Jack Peetz, - Chairman of the Board; - Crete Carrier Corp.
• Dwight Dunsworth, - Chair-elect; - Bernard Pavelka Trucking
• Jean Kurtenbach, - Vice-Chair; Lindsay Transportation
• Danny Tompkins, - Treasurer; Aulick Leasing Corp.
• Alan Schulz, - Corporate Secretary; - Schulz Transportation
• Chris Klotz, - At-Large Officer; - SBT, Inc.
• Bob Winter, - At-Large Officer; - Distribution, Inc.
• Dick Reiser, - State Vice President to ATA; - Werner Enterprises
• Erich Helge, - Alternate State Vice President to ATA; - Seward Motor Freight
• Larry Johnson, - President
• Nance Harris - ABC, CAE, Vice President, Member Services
• Sue Wilson, - Director of Membership and Advertising
• Suzanne Eggert, - Director of Events and Education
• Keith Nesja, Controller
• Cyndi Buhr, Administrative Assistant
Truck Services Staff
• Joyce Daake, Director
• Mary Cords, Licensing Manager
• Glenda Lundy, Fuel Tax Manager
• Jan McCartney, Fuel Tax Clerk
To learn about the many benefits of Nebraska Trucking Association membership and to join the Nebraska Trucking Association, visit the membership page here.