The Used Truck Association is an impartial organization comprised of used truck professionals and associated businesses committed to strengthening the used truck industry. UTA is dedicated to providing a source of direction in the areas of professionalism and ethics, while promoting the highest standards of service and conduct. UTA provides a platform to foster the sharing of knowledge and supply resources to support the efforts of those involved in the used truck industry.
The UTA publishes a monthly newsletter, and a professional membership directory. In addition, they make white papers available such as "Succeeding as an Owner/Operator".
Scholarships and Awards
The Jerome Nerman Educational Fund provides four $5,000 annual scholarships to UTA members. Read about the UTA Jerome Nerman Educational Fund here.
The annual Marvin F. Gordon Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes individuals who have supported the used truck industry in numerous and significant ways.
Thinking of joining the Used Truck Association?
The UTA offers a limited time new membership special. You can contact the UTA at (877) 438-7882, or send them an email at [email protected] You can also speak to the officers and the board of directors of the Used Truck Association. The 2009 staff consists of:
• President: Marty Crawford, Arrow Truck Sales
• Vice President: Rick Clark, National Truck Protection
• Secretary: Bryan Haupt, VP of Used Truck Operations MHC
• Treasurer: Tom Pfeiler, Freightliner Market Development
• President Emeritus: H.E. "Eddie" Walker, Best Used Trucks
• Convention Committee: Tim Ormsby, T & R Truck Sales
• Membership Committee: Randy Marshall, SelecTrucks of Nashville
• Training Committee: Jon Tepper, Ameritruck
• Marketing Committee: Lara Haag, American Trucker
• Election Committee: Pete Pilittere, Westrux International
• Medium Duty Committee / Website Committee: Bobby Williams, Bruckner Truck Sales
• UTA Jerome Nerman Family Foundation Committee: Tim Ronan, Manheim Fort Wayne
• UTA Affiliates Committee: Jason Rush, Cobalt Finance